I have found a new monthly challenge that looked like something I wanted to do. It was developed by Mike Deakin Art. He puts out a monthly prompt. His prompt is multi-faceted with color, words and some instructions. It was quite different than any other prompts or challenges I participate in. Here is the March prompt.
Here is my finished challenge project.
I used the following things:
- The bird and the floral design is from the top layer of a napkin.
- I applied gesso with a baby wipe that pushed the design of the napkin into the background.
- My marks were done using the color navy blue using a BoBunny Stamp and a Ranger stamp using a terra cotta ink.
- I used colored embossing paste to put the graphic letters in the upper left-hand corner. They were colored terra cotta.
- My focal image was an old photo I found.
- I added fine splatters in black and big blobby splatters in a golden/brass color.
- I found a quote that sort of embraced the spirit of the words even if it did not include them.
- I took some black paint and blotted on a border.
- I used terra cotta paint and a room card key to put some grid marks on the piece.
It is not required that you use all the prompt and I did manage to miss a few. I never used any cream paint or ink. I never used the word opportunity or progress. Everything else can be found on my page.
It was fun and I look forward to doing the April project.